The College of Menominee Nation (CMN) welcomes students transferring from other post-secondary institutions to CMN. It is the goal of CMN to provide transfer students the opportunity and support required during their transfer process.
Transfer Credit Evaluation
Transfer students wishing to receive transfer credit must request their official transcript(s) from previously attended colleges. Official credit evaluations will be conducted for all transfer students applying to a degree program.
Credit Evaluation Criteria
- Submit college transcripts if requesting transfer credit
- Transfer of credit will only be granted from accredited institutions
- The college transcript must be official and bear the institution's seal, signature of authorized staff, issuing date, and received in a sealed envelope from the sending college's Registrar or designated office. CMN also accepts electronic transcripts that are received from an official transcript service
- The transfer course is identified on the official college transcript
- Foreign transcripts processed by an International Credit Evaluation service
- Transfer credit evaluation can take up to six weeks
Official Credit Evaluation General Guidelines
- Transfer credit is completed with a “C” or above
- The transfer course is equivalent in content and meets or exceeds the credit value of the CMN course
- The credits accepted as transfer do not exceed CMN’s credit quantity per course
- The transfer course content directly relates to the degree or diploma program being pursued
- Up to 44 semester hours of transferred credits from any combination of accredited two-year schools
- Up to 88 semester hours of transferred credits from any combination of accredited four-year schools
- Transfer credits are recorded as credits only and are not included in determining grade point averages
Official Credit Evaluation Notification
The Admissions Office will send an e-mail to the transfer student's CMN Google e-mail account notifying that the Official Credit Evaluation is complete. The notification will include Official Credit Evaluation letter instructions.
Transfer credits are available to view in My Empower's Transfer Credits Inquiry screen. The Transfer Credits Inquiry screen shows a summary of a student’s transfer credits.
EDU-100 - Student Success Strategies
EDU-100 is required for all Associate degree and technical diploma programs and must be taken during the first semester. Students who have earned an associate’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university are exempt. An official transcript that shows the degree(s) earned must be submitted to the Admissions Office prior to registering for first-semester courses. Students may check AT Missing Documents under the Admissions tab in their My Empower to ensure the official transcript was received by the Admissions Office.