Admission to Teacher Education Program
After completion of 62 credits, students will be ready to apply for admission to the Teacher Education Bachelor Degree Program.
- Admissions are accepted on the first Thursday of December for the Spring Semester and first Thursday of May for the Fall Semester.
- Prepare an interview portfolio including:
- Letter of acceptance into the College of Menominee Nation
- Teacher Education Program Application
- Current resume'
- Philosophy of Education
- Copy of current transcript(s)
- Cumulative GPA of 2.85
- Grade of B (or better) in Oral Communication
- PPST scores or date for taking the PPST and receiving scores
- Pertinent awards and certificates
- Two letters of recommendation (from faculty or supervisor)
- Assignments and reflections on artifacts from Early Childhood/Elementary Education emphasis courses
- HUD 210 Introduction to Human Development - Elder Interview
- EDU 250 Introduction to Teacher Education - observation/field experience log and teacher evaluation form.
- HUD 237 Observation and Interpretation of Child Behavior. Sample of assessment of child behavior and reflection.
- Summary of human relation hours/field experience hours.
Contact the Teacher Education Department for an appointment.
For more information please contact the Teacher Education Department at 715-799-5600 ext. 3126.