CMN E-mail | Canvas | MyEmpower | Sendio | Netstorage | Off-campus Intranet Access | JSTOR | ProQuest
College of Menominee Nation
Contact UsApplyMyEmpowerRequestion information
Admission and Aid

Financial Aid



Types of Financial Aid


Many types of Financial Aid are offered at the College of Menominee Nation. The following list includes some typical assistance programs.


Federal and State Grants

The U.S. Department of Education and the State of Wisconsin provide the following Student Financial Assistance Programs:

  • Federal Pell Grant Program(PELL)
    Pell grants are based on financial need and are pro-rated according to the student’s enrollment status.
    New Pell Grant Eligibility

  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
    A student must be PELL eligible in order to receive a FSEOG.

  • Federal Work-Study
    This program provides part-time employment on campus.To be eligible, students must demonstrate financial need and be attending at least half-time.
    Federal Work Study Information

  • Wisconsin Higher Educational Grant Program (WHEG)
    To receive WHEG, the student must be a Wisconsin resident, be attending a Wisconsin College at least half-time, and have not yet already received a Bachelor’s degree. This is a need-based grant and eligibility can not exceed ten semesters.

  • Talent Incentive Program (TIP)
    To be eligible the student must be a resident of Wisconsin, be enrolled at least half-time, show financial need and be educationally disadvantaged. Eligibility can not exceed ten semesters.

  • Wisconsin Minority Retention Grant (WMRG)
    To be eligible for this grant, the student must be a Wisconsin resident, be enrolled at least half-time, demonstrate financial need, be an ethnic minority and be in the second year of a two-year degree program. Eligibility can not exceed eight semesters.

  • Wisconsin Indian Student Assistance Grant (WIG)
    This grant is for Native American students who are Wisconsin residents attending a Wisconsin college. Award is based on financial need with a limit of ten semesters of eligibility.

  • Wisconsin Handicapped Student Grant Program (HSG)
    Visually handicapped or hearing impaired Wisconsin residents may qualify. To be considered, the student must show financial need in addition to having a severe or profound hearing or visual impairment.Eligibility is limited up to ten semesters.


The College of Menominee Nation offers a number of scholarships that are designated specifically for CMN students. The CMN Financial Aid Office provides information on scholarships that are available in communities served by CMN and scholarships offered statewide and nationally.


CMN students are encouraged to apply for scholarships. To learn about these opportunities, check the scholarship information page or visit the Financial Aid Office.


Please watch your CMN email for scholarship opportunities as well.


Bureau of Indian Affairs Grant Program (BIA)

Native American students who are enrolled members may receive aid from the Bureau of Indian Affairs. To be considered for this grant students must contact their Tribal Education Office for an Indian Scholarship Application and to learn about other specific eligibility requirements.