- Faculty Positions
Adjunct Welding Instructor
The College of Menominee Nation is establishing a pool of qualified candidates to be considered when adjunct and/or substitute instructors are needed to teach various courses in all disciplines. Needs may become available prior to or during each semester. Program and course information can be found at www.menominee.edu.
Upon successful submission of your cover letter, resume, and transcripts, the candidate will be considered for future adjunct and/or substitute teaching opportunities. The College of Menominee Nation will keep applications on file for future position/course needs. If the need arises and application materials reviewed results in a decision to pursue a candidate, that candidate will be contacted via the contact information provided by the candidate.
The College of Menominee Nation currently has openings for an adjunct instructor in the following disciplines: Computer Numeric Control, Medical Office Technician, Electricity and Welding, however we are accepting application materials in all disciplines.
Position Responsibilities & Duties:
- Teach up to 9 credits per semester in assigned courses in machining and other trades curriculum.
- Equip students with the necessary occupation-specific and employability skills for success in the workplace.
- Display the ability to work with a variety of cultures, languages, educational and economic backgrounds in a classroom setting.
- Assess students pre-course and post-course to determine amount of academic progress.
- Develop, update and review curricula for the assigned courses/community education classes.
- Integrate instruction with current technological tools.
- Instruct students to machine quality parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) and manual machines.
- Maintain quality and safety standards in a school setting.
- Maintain and update equipment, supplies and software.
- Assist with employer linkages, related apprenticeship programs, and job placement for program students.
- Participate in CMN recruiting, professional development, committees, accreditation, and assessment processes as needed.
- Maintain required documents: class rosters, course syllabus, student grade book, student progress notes, etc.
- Participate in the trades occupations technical advisory committee with employer representatives.
- Work effectively with Trades department members.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree in related and appropriate field. (Based on experience and expertise, an individual with an Associate Degree or equivalent may be considered.), and Minimum of two years of occupational experience (Shipfitter Welder, Welding Leadperson, Welder Fabricator) in the field of the program or programs being taught, of which at least one year shall be within the last five years. (One year of related occupational experience may be waived with at least two years of post−secondary teaching experience in the appropriate occupational field within the last five years.), or An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience from which comparable knowledge may be acquired. Teaching or training experience is desirable. Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following: GTAW, GMAW, SMAW, Oxyfuel Gas cutting, Plasma arc cutting, fabrication and welding inspection and testing. Ability to plan, organize, instruct, and facilitate quality education programs, including development of relevant curriculum.
Desired Qualification: American Welding Society (AWS) certification as a Certified Welding Educator (CWE) and/or certified welding instructor (CWI). Recent, successful, post-secondary teaching experience in Welding courses. Online, remote, or virtual teaching experience.
Reporting to this Position: N/A
Physical Demands & Work Environment: Physical demands are classified as Moderate - lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs teaching or instructing Functions - Frequently
Exposure to office/class room environment - Frequently
Exposure to shop or maintenance environment - Frequently
Tools & Equipment Used: MIG welders, TIG welders, stick welders, engine drives, multi-process welders, multioperator welders, spot welders, welding machinea, electrode holders,chipping hammer, wire brush, protective clothing.
A complete application includes:
- Letter of Interest
- Current Resume
- Completed CMN application form (available under job opportunities at http://www.menominee.edu/careers)
- Copy of all college level transcripts (official transcripts required upon hired)
- Three professional letters of reference
- Copy of valid WI driver license
- Proof of relevant certificates or training
- Proof of Tribal enrollment status
- Proof of honorable or general military discharge paperwork (if applicable)
It is not the responsibility of CMN to notify applicants of missing documentation. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Application materials can be mailed to:
College Of Menominee Nation
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 1179
Keshena, WI 54135
Email to: email@example.com
An online application is available at: http://www.menominee.edu/careers
NOTE: Pre-employment drug testing is part of the hiring process. EOE/MITW 82-10