- Faculty Positions
The faculty member should have an interest in and ability to teach students at the associates level as well as the baccalaureate level and be committed to working with a diverse range of student interests and abilities. Depending on qualifications, the faculty member will teach a broad range of courses in Chemistry including; beginning and advanced chemistry and biochemistry. The faculty member should have an interest in and ability to work with other faculty to integrate reading, writing, speaking and quantitative reasoning across the curricula.
Position Responsibilities & Duties:
- Teach assigned courses in Chemistry or related disciplines as appropriate
- Develop and implement curricula for Chemistry/Chemical Sciences as appropriate for Associates and Baccalaureate Degree programs
- Work with faculty to integrate reading, writing, speaking and quantitative reasoning across the curriculum
- Use technology to support instruction including but not limited to; online, ITV platforms and learning management systems
- Assist CMN Recruiters with recruitment efforts for Math and Science majors
- Assist with Academic Advising for CMN students for Math and Science majors
- Assist in the development of strategies aimed at increasing student retention in the Math and Science degree programs
- Assist Academic Tutoring staff
- Participate in CMN committee, accreditation and assessment processes
- Participate in community service within the college and surrounding communities, and outreach activities
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Masters degree in one of the following fields; Chemical and/or Physical sciences, related fields may be considered
- Minimum of 1-2 years teaching experience at the undergraduate level and/or at a community college
- Strong written and oral communications skills as well as advanced computer skills
- Ph.D. in Chemical and/or Physical Science, or related field with a minimum of 2 years teaching experience at the undergraduate level
Reporting to this Position: No direct reports
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Physical demands are classified as Light -lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds, with frequent walking, standing or sitting most of the time with some pushing and pulling of arm or leg controls.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs teaching or instructing functions: Constant
- Exposure to office/class room environment: Constant
- Exposure to shop or maintenance environment: Constant
Tools & Equipment Used: Chemical lab tools and equipment, classroom and office equipment including; computers, laptops, printers, etc.
A complete application includes:
- Letter of Interest
- Current Resume
- Completed CMN application form (available under job opportunities at http://www.menominee.edu/careers)
- Copy of all college level transcripts (official transcripts required upon hired)
- Three professional letters of reference
- Copy of valid WI driver license
- Proof of relevant certificates or training
- Proof of Tribal enrollment status
- Proof of honorable or general military discharge paperwork (if applicable)
It is not the responsibility of CMN to notify applicants of missing documentation. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Application materials can be mailed to:
College Of Menominee Nation
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 1179
Keshena, WI 54135
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
An online application is available at: http://www.menominee.edu/careers
NOTE: Pre-employment drug testing is part of the hiring process. EOE/MITW 82-10