Posting Status: First Posting, Enrolled Menominee Only
Application Deadline: September 30th, 2022 at 4PM
Position Summary: The Dean of Academic Success provides leadership to ensure effective collaboration to achieve positive academic outcomes. Provide visionary leadership and management in the strategic engagement and alignment of Academic Success and faculty in achieving the College's mission, vision, values, and strategic priorities. Provide leadership in student and academic program success outcomes. This position will develop and implement curriculum and instructional program planning. Participate in committees and workgroups to provide input on academic affairs and other matters related to the College. Ensure sound fiscal management of the department, including but not limited to budgeting.
Position Responsibilities & Duties:
- Academic Programs and Curriculum
- Responsible for collaborating with the Dean of Student Success and other departments to develop, research, and evaluate opportunities and programs related to academic programs.
- Develop short and long-range instructional plans for faculty and adjunct to ensure high academic quality
- Provide leadership to Academic Success teams, special projects, and initiatives.
- Responsible for selecting, coaching, monitoring and evaluating of faculty and staff
- Coordinate and provide faculty and staff professional development activities
- Utilize data to lead planning, budgeting, and resource allocation efforts that maximize operational efficiency.
- Utilize data to act and collaborate with Academic Programs related but not limited to catalogs, calendars, degree sheets, semester and annual course schedules.
- Work with the faculty and staff in development of educational programs, including the maintenance of standards and assessment
- Work with faculty and staff for the assessment and maintenance of academic learning outcomes
- Ensures testing and student placement guidelines are reviewed and implemented.
- Strategic Planning
- Develop and articulate a clear vision and direction that utilizes innovation and creativity to maximize opportunities for improvement and growth for the department and College
- Align department goals with the College's strategic initiatives and student success.
- Decision making that is consistent with the mission and goals of CMN and role of Tribal colleges
- Participate in the development of and supports the College’s strategic plans
- Policy and Procedure Development
- Provide leadership to design, develop, and implement department policies, procedures, and initiatives that support academic success. Create an environment of open, honest dialogue.
- Responsible for collaborating with departments for public information, including but not limited to academic catalog, advertising, brochures, social media and other publications
- Ensures compliance with FERPA and Clery Act as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned, for the overall success of the college.
This is a full-time position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- An earned doctorate degree from an accredited institution, if pending, evidence that it is to be earned within 18 months of appointment OR
- Master’s degree in education (or closely related discipline) with at least 5 years’ experience in higher education leadership
- Three years’ experience at the Dean level (or equivalent) or increasing student support administrative responsibility
- Knowledge of adult education theories and practices
- knowledge of curriculum management
- undergraduate teaching experience
- experience in resolving academic issues
- Specific Skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the Mission and Vision of the College of Menominee Nation, its educational and financial issues, and the role of Tribal Colleges
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cooperatively with American Indian students, staff and faculty in an educational environment
- Demonstrated collaborative, inclusive, and transparent leadership skills
- Grant and contract administration
- Personal Traits
- Dependability, attendance and punctuality
- Communication skills
- Customer service to students, staff, vendors and contractors
- Judgment, decision making and problem solving
- Innovation (continuous process improvement)
- Attitude, enthusiasm, cooperation,
- Managing change and adaptability
Reporting to this Position: faculty, adjunct, and registrar
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Physical demands are classified as Sedentary - lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like docket files, ledgers, and small tools.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs administrative office Functions: Constant
- Exposure to office/class room environment: Constant
- Exposure to shop or maintenance environment: Occasionally
Tools & Equipment Used: Office equipment including; copy, scan, print, fax, computers, calculators and telephones.
A complete application includes:
- Letter of Interest
- Current Resume
- Completed CMN application form (available under job opportunities at http://www.menominee.edu/careers)
- Copy of all college level transcripts (official transcripts required upon hired)
- Three professional letters of reference
- Copy of valid WI driver license
- Proof of relevant certificates or training
- Proof of Tribal enrollment status
- Proof of honorable or general military discharge paperwork (if applicable)
- Essay Question
- Please share your philosophy on higher education, more specifically, within the context of a tribal college and community. How will your philosophy guide you as you take on this position at CMN?
It is not the responsibility of CMN to notify applicants of missing documentation. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Application materials can be mailed to:
College Of Menominee Nation
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 1179
Keshena, WI 54135
Email to: email@example.com
An online application is available at: http://www.menominee.edu/careers
NOTE: Pre-employment drug testing is part of the hiring process. EOE/MITW 82-10
Posting closes on September 30th, 2022 at 4:00PM.
- August 2022