- Faculty Positions
Adjunct Home Health Aid Instructor
The College of Menominee Nation's Home Health Aid Instructor is responsible for the management and operations of the Home Health Aid course curricula and instructing courses. The Home Health Aid Instructor should have the ability to teach and evaluate didactic content, instruct and evaluate basic nursing skills, and teach and evaluate students in the clinical area. Each instructor or faculty member is expected to abide by and promote the mission, philosophy, framework, and policies of the College of Menominee Nation. This position may require travel between the Keshena and Green Bay/Oneida campuses.
Position Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide effective program, class and clinical learning opportunities
- Teach assigned home health aid courses, selecting appropriate methods and learning activities
- Direct learning activities in the classroom, and clinical settings
- Evaluate academic and clinical practice competencies of students to determine achievement and progress
- Interact with care team members in cooperating health care agencies to facilitate student learning and provide quality patient care
- Support the Home Health Aide Program curricula and participate in the evaluation of program effectiveness and achievement of program outcomes
- Participate in self and policy evaluations
- Assist with the testing of Home Health Aid Students
- Provide service to the college, the profession and community at large
- Serve as an academic advisor to Home Health Aid students
- Participate in the recruitment and retention of students
- Participate in academic and student life activities
- Participate in accreditation and assessment processes
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Five years’ experience specific to program needs
- Teaching experience
- Must meet requirements of appropriate accrediting agencies, Home Health Aid Adjunct Posting
- Must be able to obtain Wisconsin Nursing Licensure and be certifiable by the Wisconsin Board of Nursing
- Employment is conditional on compliance with state statute regarding the completion of a Caregiver Background Check with acceptable results as required by clinical agencies assessed in the curriculum.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or a BSN enrolled in and actively pursuing completion of MSN
- Charge nurse/Team Leader experience also desirable
- Teaching experience in the nursing field.
Reporting to this Position: No Direct Reports
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Physical demands are classified as Sedentary - lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying articles like docket files, ledgers, and small tools.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs teaching or instructing Functions: Frequently
- Exposure to office/class room environment: Constant
- Exposure to shop or maintenance environment: Never
Tools & Equipment Used: Office equipment including: computers, tablets, telephones, fax machines; specialized software and WebEx.
A complete application includes:
- Letter of Interest
- Current Resume
- Completed CMN application form (available under job opportunities at http://www.menominee.edu/careers)
- Copy of all college level transcripts (official transcripts required upon hired)
- Three professional letters of reference
- Copy of valid WI driver license
- Proof of relevant certificates or training
- Proof of Tribal enrollment status
- Proof of honorable or general military discharge paperwork (if applicable)
It is not the responsibility of CMN to notify applicants of missing documentation. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Application materials can be mailed to:
College Of Menominee Nation
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 1179
Keshena, WI 54135
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
An online application is available at: http://www.menominee.edu/careers
NOTE: Pre-employment drug testing is part of the hiring process. EOE/MITW 82-10