- Staff Positions
Position Summary: The essential function of the Housekeeper/Maintenance Technician is to ensure a clean, safe, and pleasant interior and exterior environment for students, faculty, administration, staff, and visitors of College of Menominee Nation.
Position Responsibilities & Duties:
- Clean the Green Bay CMN buildings on a regular basis
- Manage and protect the property of CMN, maintain inventory records and ensure that all supplies are secured and properly tracked
- Prepare rooms for classes, seminars, workshops, and meetings as directed
- Conduct mail run as necessary
- Report potentially unsafe conditions
- Respond to emergencies at CMN
- Do light carpentry, plumbing, and electrical work within knowledge and ability
- Maintain a schedule of cleaning light fixtures, replacing bulbs, checking emergency lighting, emptying paper and recycling bins, and keeping all copiers filled with paper
- Notify supervisor of need for major repairs or additions to equipment and building structures
- Keep sidewalks and door areas clear of snow and ice as needed
- Open and sometimes secure CMN buildings, including occasionally on weekends
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED
- The individual must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and operating and maintenance instructions and be willing to participate in training as required.
- Possess a valid current driver's license and proof of liability insurance is required
Reporting to this Position: None
Physical Demands & Work Environment: Physical demands are classified as Moderate - lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs housekeeping functions-Frequently
- Exposure to office/class room environment- Frequently
- Exposure to shop or maintenance environment - Occasionally
Tools & Equipment Used: Cleaning equipment including vaccum cleaner, brooms, dustpans, Buckets, cleaning chemicals, may use computer, printer, scanner, copier and fax on occasion.
A complete application includes:
- Letter of Interest
- Current Resume
- Completed CMN application form (available under job opportunities at http://www.menominee.edu/about-cmn/career-opportunities)
- Copy of all college level transcripts (official transcripts required upon hired)
- Three professional letters of reference
- Copy of valid WI driver license
- Proof of relevant certificates or training
- Proof of Tribal enrollment status
- Proof of honorable or general military discharge paperwork (if applicable)
It is not the responsibility of CMN to notify applicants of missing documentation. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Application materials can be mailed to:
College Of Menominee Nation
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 1179
Keshena, WI 54135
Email to: email@example.com
An online application is available at: http://www.menominee.edu/about-cmn/career-opportunities
Preference given to applications received by January 21st, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
NOTE: Pre-employment drug testing is part of the hiring process. EOE/MITW 82-10