- Staff Positions
Posting Status: First Posting, Enrolled Menominee Only
Application Deadline: May 19th, 2023 at 4PM
Position Summary: The Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for comprehensive technical support in the day to day operations of Human Resources including responsibilities in the following functional areas; employee relations, training, payroll functions, recruitment/employment and employment law compliance. This position will also collaborate with Deans and Directors to lead the Pandemic Response Team including activities, tracking and reporting of grant funds. This position is partially grant funded until June 2024 through COVID-19 emergency funding, while the College of Menominee Nation will work to make this a long-term position, it is contingent upon availability of funds and success.
Position Responsibilities & Duties:
- Employee Recruitment, orientation, on-boarding and employee lifecycle programs
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, students and temporary employees.
- Conduct new hire orientation, write and place advertisements and conduct exit interviews.
- Coordinate the hiring and selection process including: selection, scheduling interviews, background checks and reference checks.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Generates and tracks Adjunct and Faculty contracts.
- Administration and Management
- Management of time-sensitive, cost sensitive or personnel sensitive files and information to include internal contact tracing of employees and students.
- Participate in conference calls with all funding sources managing allowable expenses and reporting.
- Maintain human resource information system records.
- Policy and Procedure Development and Implementation
- Assist with maintaining the Personnel Policy and Procedures Handbook.
- Update and maintain College of Menominee Nation’s Pandemic Leave Policy.
- Work in consultation with CMN Pandemic Response Team to assist in the implementation of all necessary protocols.
- Update and implement health and safety protocols in CMN’s Reopening Plan.
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Risk Management and Governance
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefit laws and regulations.
- Seek regular advice from the COVID-19 Public Health Officer.
- Tracks COVID-19 cases on CMN campuses and surrounding areas
- Monitor individuals who are quarantining or isolating as a result of exposure to COVID-19.
- Reporting and Leading
- Provide monthly updates to Deans and Directors.
- Lead Pandemic Response Team.
- Work closely with CMN’s COVID-19 Accountant on financial reports and updates.
- Other duties as assigned for the overall success of the college.
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Ethical Practice
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Leadership & Navigation
- Relationship Management
- Time Management
- Workplace Flexibility
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two years related experience
- Must have computer skills, including research capabilities and project management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects on various timelines
- Knowledge of and skill using appropriate data analytical tools to develop and track benchmarks
- Certificates or micro-credentials in the online environment or project management
Reporting to this Position: No Direct Reports
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Physical demands are classified as Light: lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds, with frequent walking, standing or sitting most of the time with some pushing and pulling of arm or leg controls.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs administrative office Functions: Constant
- Exposure to office/class room environment: Constant
- Exposure to shop or maintenance environment: Occasionally
Tools & Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including copy, scan, print and fax machines, computer, calculator and telephone.
A complete application includes:
- Letter of Interest
- Current Resume
- Completed CMN application form (available under job opportunities at http://www.menominee.edu/careers)
- Copy of all college level transcripts (official transcripts required upon hired)
- Three professional references
- Copy of valid WI driver license
- Proof of relevant certificates or training
- Proof of Tribal enrollment status
- Proof of honorable or general military discharge paperwork (if applicable)
It is not the responsibility of CMN to notify applicants of missing documentation. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Application materials can be mailed to:
College Of Menominee Nation
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 1179
Keshena, WI 54135
Email to: email@example.com
An online application is available at: http://www.menominee.edu/careers
NOTE: Pre-employment drug testing is part of the hiring process. EOE/MITW 82-10
Posting closes at 4PM May 19th, 2023.
A PDF version of this posting can be viewed here.
The above noted position description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
- First Posting
- May 2023