Biological & Physical Sciences
The A.A. Degree in Biological and Physical Sciences provides a student with a broad understanding of biology, or a wide exposure to physical science. This program focuses on a multidisciplinary approach where emphasis courses are chosen based on student interest.
- This degree allows the student to begin a baccalaureate program in a variety of fields by completing required courses at CMN and finishing a degree program at a major university. A graduate with an A.A. in Biological and Physical Science could pursue entry-level technician positions at research institutions and corporations.
- Completion of this program will endow the graduate with the ability to:
- Apply scientific terminology in a clear, concise manner;
- Examine the contributing factors of change in physical, biological, or ecological systems;
- Analyze the roles of changing factors in physical, biological, or ecological systems;
- Apply the scientific method to an experiment; and
- Describe the scientific contribution of different cultures.
Completion of this program allows a student to begin a baccalaureate program in a variety of fields or pursue entry-level technical positions at research institutions and corporations.
In addition to the Bureau of Labor Statistic's Standard Occupational Classification, or "SOC" Code, the following are examples of job titles that degree-holding individuals have gone on to attain.
|Bureau of labor statistics soc code: