MENTOR: Library Director
LOCATION: CMN Library
TERM: Fall 2021
APPLICATION DUE: Open until filled or end of FA21 Semester
INTERNSHIP SUMMARY AND DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a detail oriented library intern with great people skills, a good memory, and a knack for research. Using software and online applications, they will create graphics for social media and post them to the Library’s social media account(s) and update flyers for upcoming events. In the Special Collections, the intern will do inventory for incoming materials as well as checking on previous collections for quality and any errors in the records.
INTERNSHIP LEARNING OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Responsibilities include:
- Updating databases and files.
- Create graphics for social media.
- Edit flyers for upcoming events.
- Inventory incoming material for Special Collections.
- Check on previously inventoried collections.
By the end of the internship you will be able to:
- The student will gain social media experience within a library setting.
- Display growth in creating advertising materials
- Organize and utilize your time management skills
- Set measurable goals
- Effectively prioritize tasks
- Learn the basics of library organization and record maintaining
- Understanding the working structure of a college organization
- Understand the basics of archival inventory and collection management
- Must be registered or currently enrolled in six (6) or more credits
- Must be a degree-seeking student enrolled at the College of Menominee Nation or other accredited College or University. (Certain documentation may be required to confirm enrollment status.)
- Must have completed at least one (1) semester of study
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Internship must be related to student academic degree program
STUDENT INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Internship Program Application requires the following:
- Application Form
- Current Resume (include any past internships experiences)
- Transcripts (unofficial or official)
- Letter of Interest
- Letter of Recommendation (preferably a professor at his/her institution)
- Submit all of the following information to Maria Escalante: email@example.com
TIMEFRAME AND STIPEND:
Timeframe: Begins Fall 2021 semester and end of Last day of the Fall 2021 semester
Payment: Paid through a grant funded stipend, up to 20 hours a week during fall and spring semester time frame (16 weeks maximum)